Your new company
My client is a fast growing fintech payments firm that's well established in the APAC region. With high demand of services in this space, the firm is looking to extract the tax function from the current finance team and setup a separate tax team.
Your new role
As the first headcount in the tax function, you will undertake the transitionary process and be responsible for the full spectrum of tax responsibilities, supporting the Group with tax support and maintenance of local/international tax rules in the APAC region.
Here's a snippet of the JD:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide tax advice in the region on tax compliance matters, tax planning ideas, tax audits and tax litigation.
- Assisting in the implementation of transfer pricing policies within the APAC region which includes transfer pricing documentation
- Work cross-functionally with the teams to provide clear, consistent, and comprehensive tax guidance in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitor regional and local legislative developments, evaluate potential impact, and assess measures to optimize ongoing operations and/or mitigate risks.
- Provide direct tax support in the implementation of tax and business driven projects, including M&A, internal structuring, business integration, financing arrangements, dividend distributions and capital contributions or repayments.
- Ensure compliance on corporate tax filing requirements and timelines for all entities.
- Review and ensure indirect tax and withholding tax recordings are properly classified and captured in the system.
- Dealing with both direct and indirect tax audits and providing support to tax aspects of statutory audits.
- Responsible for all Singapore tax compliance matters including corporate tax returns and GST.
- Support tax matters relating to other countries in APAC, as required.
We are looking for a candidate with a hands-on approach and proactive mindset. You should possess a degree in accounting and/or equivalent qualifications. You should also have working knowledge of APAC tax matters and transfer pricing policies. Experience in the FinTech industry would be an added advantage.
What you'll get in return
The firm is looking to fill the role with a comprehensive remuneration package. You will also find yourself in a growing environment that's fast paced with autonomy in the tax function.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this position, please reach out to me with an updated CV to arrange a confidential call at email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
EA Reg Number: R1985870
EA License number: 07C3924
Company Registration number: 200609504D #1226385