Your new company
You’ll be working for a multinational bank who is looking for Senior Oracle L3 Database Administrator for 1 year contract in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- The Oracle Level 3 DBA team is responsible for providing Database Engineering, Advanced Technical Support, Problem diagnosis/resolution and proactive database services. The L3 DBA team work closely with the L2 Oracle support team as well as project teams and other vendors to help deliver 24x7 support for the wider Oracle estate and support assistance on complex activities.
- Resolve the most complex technical issues professionally, rapidly and consistently. This means working alongside colleagues and other teams to identify any root causes issues. For implementing features and initiatives an expert base technology understanding is required as well as ability to raise and follow current change management guidelines and processes defined in the team and bank. As a leader the staff member is senior enough to not only focus on the technical but also have developed soft skills such as written, verbal and presenting as needed. Documentation of technical issues and solutions as well as creating or updating is as critical as technical experience.
- Work with colleagues both internal to the team and external. This to ensure efficient solution design and implementation plans for various challenges in the database estate and working towards increasingly automated monitoring and support solutions available.
- Provide database support of deep technical expertise to all the stakeholders in a stable, productive, and cost-effective manner. They should be highly self-motivated, task oriented and capable of working independently in carrying out tasks and trouble shooting.
- Proactively monitor and make strategic plans to address issues to improve service stability.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Provide technical support and resolution on outage in a short turnaround time including full RCA.
- Participate in out-of-hours support and delivery as required.
- To document technical matters to create process where non existing, update where uplift is identified and proactively improve the environment they work in on a daily basis.
- Risk management understanding is crucial and able to follow life cycle of change and controls / procedures and practices
What you'll get in return
- Excellent proficiency on Oracle DBA 19c, 12c, 11g including Oracle 11g/12c/19c RAC (essential).
- Must be flexible: Might need to work on weekends if there is some production issues or during project release.
- Database Security product implementation & migration (Oracle TDE (Column & Tablespace), Oracle Wallets, Database Vault, Database Firewall, database network encryption (SSL/NDE) (essential).
- Expert in backup/restore, load/unload data, Application Query and Oracle RDBMS performance tuning, resource management, Data guard, pl/sql, Clusterware/ASM and OEM (oracle enterprise manager) (essential).
- Oracle golden gate replication software experience (preferred)
- PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB support experience (preferred).
- Proactive mindset, they should be able to demonstrate this by showing initiatives they have developed on their own to improve services supplied.
- Experience of database shared services / private cloud service model (preferred).
- Good project management skills. Work well within a team but also able to work individually in stressful incident situations.
- Experience in investment banks or other financial institutes (preferred).
- This role is only open to Singaporean, Singapore PR or EP holder.
Opportunity to work in a multinational bank.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1223392