Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a Senior Business Analyst. This will be a 1 year contract role in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Within Financial Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, other project managers, business stakeholders, Operational partners and other technical experts globally.
- Perform in-depth analysis around key requirements of the project and regulatory changes (Trade Reporting Regulatory projects).
- Working with technology teams to design the reconciliation solution and process, implement the reconciliation tool into the architecture.
- Defining and establishing the necessary source Trade Repository feeds into the reconciliation tool.
- Operationalizing the analysis and categorization of breaks (second half of year).
- Articulate the Scope / requirements in standard documents/process flow diagrams/use case diagrams etc to secure signoff from stakeholders.
- Participation in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Conduct meetings and relevant discussions to engage stakeholders in the right perspective and take the task to closure.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, Industry calls, Regulators etc).
- Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner – assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps.
- Determine Strategic Solutions / Proposals – focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution.
- Facilitates Business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Provide solutions as well as produce functional specifications for development team.
- Use appropriate tools like JIRA etc to ensure that Functional Specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders.
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks.
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design calls & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum 15+ Years of experience in business analysis and Investment Banking with direct experience in front-to-back trading, order processing and regulatory reporting.
- Familiarity with financial products - listed and OTC (IRS, Equities, FX, Fixed Income, swaps and rates/credit derivatives). Understanding of Trade Life Cycle.
- Prior demonstrable Experience on Regulatory reporting regimes specifically in the EU (MiFID II, Dodd Frank, EMIR etc).
- SQL skills for data interrogation and analysis. XML and FPML expertise are preferred.
- Strong skills in communication and questioning as well as in writing business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding of data analysis, data mapping and user acceptance testing.
- Atlassian tools (Confluence and JIRA), and working experience in agile scrum delivery is required.
- This role is open to Singapore PR or Singaporean or EP holder (max 1 month notice period).
You will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.