Your new company
You will be working with one of the leading global marine engineering group as a Procurement Officer.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Conducts study on technical specifications, discusses with team members on project update and timeline as well as related planning requirements to expedite authorised purchases that meet requirements under the supervision of senior team members
- Sources and identifies potential service providers for materials and evaluates quotations to ensure they are in line with the required technical and commercial specifications
- Performs technical capability studies (i.e.TBE) with tender project team members, commercial, procurement and etc. to define project specification for procurement requirements
- Evaluates new vendors and reassesses the existing vendors based on the procurement policies to shortlist and recommend vendors for approval into AVL (Material) under the supervision of senior team members
- Liaises with project team members on the procurement of tools, major equipments and ships systems, reviewing RO upon receipt to control project procurement cost below budget
- Prepares RO, PO, bid evaluation reports, and documentation for procurement activities, ensuring purchase contract has been clearly addressed to the agreed specification requirement, terms and conditions under the supervision of senior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Purchasing/ Business Administration, or related disciplines
What you'll get in return
- 3 years of working experience in procurement functions, best with Offshore Marine industries purchasing experiences.
- Experienced in supervising procurement activities
- Proven track records of delivering projects within time and budget in a similar industry
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good numeracy skills and high attention to details
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary package
- An engaging, passionate work environment where training are provided
- Add value to the organisation with direct interaction with stakeholders
Should you require any further information, please call Cheron Poh on +65 6424 0150 or send in your application to Cheron.Poh@hays.com.sg [mailto:Cheron.Poh@hays.com.sg] Registration ID: R21101273 | EA Licence No.: 07C3924 | Company Registration No.: 200609504D
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.