Your new company
You’ll be working for a bank who is looking for Operational Risk and Resilience Lead. This will be 1 year contract role in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Primary objective of this role is to support the Operational Resilience Project delivery and related processes as well as support Operational Risk activities across the Functions that relate to Operational Resilience.
- The following are key responsibilities linked to the Operational Risk Manager position:
- Execute implementation of the operational delivery, controls, reporting, and governance of the Operational Resilience project.
- Supporting the development and enhancement of the OR framework, policies and standards to support all Businesses and Functions in line with the Operational Risk strategy
- Offering a point of deeper expertise around more technical areas of operational risk, including operational resilience.
- Develop and inculcate the right policy, process, technology and governance architecture, in partnership with ERM and Group Management where appropriate.
- To support the Head operational risk, Governance and Policy in the development and execution of OR training covering Operational Resilience. This consists of communication, delivery and timely feedback to ensure appropriate enhancements at Group and Country level.
- Continuous collaboration with first and second lines to ensure the management and embedment of OR framework and policies.
- Development of the content for Operational Risk, resilience training, partnering with Learning & Development for the delivery thereof.
- To support Risk Appetite definition for Operational Risk, in particular operational resilience, ensuring the same informs risk identification and control design, where relevant, and proactively providing input and advice as to how to address any breaches.
- Drive the engagement with Operational Risk enterprise-wide, supporting a culture that recognises and reflects Operational Risk in its operating model and its decision making.
- Continuously enhance the OR framework and methodology, keeping abreast of external practises through research and participation in industry forums.
- Support the development of OR training to raise the overall skillsets of the function (both technical and soft skills); this to include development and execution of training interventions, e.g. report writing and soft skills.
What you'll get in return
- Expert knowledge/experience in managing Operational Risk, specifically operational resilience (includes business continuity) including relevant regulation and industry trends.
- Must have first line risk experience and experienced work in audit.
- At least 10 years of overall experience that includes 5 years of relevant experience in Operational Risk and Resilience.
- Experience of business partnering, including the ability to synthesise and articulate complex and technical topics clearly to diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage a diverse and challenging stakeholder community / team.
- Proven experience with co-ordination of many dependencies in a complex, large-scale environment.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ideally the role holder will have specific experience of Operational Risk frameworks, and operational resilience and have an in-depth knowledge of some of the key organisational and operational challenges faced by a Second-Line Operational Risk function.
- This role is only open to Singaporean or Singapore PR or EP holder (max 1 month notice period).
Opportunity to work in a multinational bank.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1221391