Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a Network Engineer on 1 year contract role in Singapore.
Your new role
- Responsible for end to end quality delivery of assigned network project ensuring adherence to Network engineering standard and the subsequent handover to Operation team.
- Responsible to provide consistent and on time update on assigned network project task in coordination with network project lead, overall project PM and application support team.
- Responsible to resolve issues related to assigned network project in all project life cycle (initiation, build, migration and handover).
- Responsible to provide support required in resolving issues/risk and dependency of assigned project in coordination with other stakeholders for both technical and nontechnical issue.
- Ensures assigned network project tasks are delivered on time, on budget against agreed scope
- Responsible to highlight and provide resolution to risk and issues related to assigned network project
- Responsible to ensure projects solution are in line with approved standard and meets the required outcome from stakeholder.
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to business, system developer and technology stakeholders for any matter related to assigned project working together with engineering team and project lead.
- Delivers high quality solutions for the bank on both internal & external connectivity requirements.
- Interfacing with engineering and stakeholder team balancing conformance to engineering standard against project requirement.
- Develop a center of excellence within Network Design and Delivery function.
- Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to achieve performance objectives. This should be aimed at improving team efficiency in performing their work.
- Value - add to various technology streams by timely and proper engagement and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Develops relationships with IT vendors and partners for the benefit of the bank and business.
- Undertake continuous improvement for the current Network Infrastructure.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Preferably possess a valid Expert level in Cisco product on both data and security track such as, CCIE certification.
- Preferably possess experience in Cisco ACI technology such as multi-pod, EPG, contract, L3Out, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching technology such as BGP, OSPF, VPC, VXLAN, DMVPN, Multicast, Wireless, RSTP, MSTP.
- Strong knowledge on routing and switching products across different product vendors.
- Knowledge in WAN technology such as MPLS, Ethernet WAN, PBB.
- Knowledge in Wireless technology and product such as WLC
- Knowledge in Network Security technology and product such as firewall, load balancer, proxies, and VPN across different vendors
- Minimum 6-year practical experience in end to end management and execution of network project infrastructure preferably in banking environment.
- Working knowledge of:
- Routers: Cisco ISR and Cisco ASR routers
- Network switches: Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches, Juniper EX Switches
- Wireless: Aruba, Cisco
- Firewalls: Fortigate, Juniper, Cisco
- Load balancer: F5 LTM/GTM
- Banking application and middleware system
- Working experience with Market Data systems such as Reuters and Exchange connectivity.
- Working experience on card and payment system such as Mastercard, visa etc.
- Understanding of banking Internet business solutions such as online banking system.
- Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, VPN’s, proxies and encryption devices.
- Significant practical experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues across firewall/Load Balancer or proxy.
The opportunity to be part of a well-known bank.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. #1206461