Your new company
Global leader in Financial Services, hybrid workstyle.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Web-based application (Weblogic / Websphere) server design and build outs for applications and services in a UNIX infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting complex application integration points and coordinating with virtual team members across the enterprise to deliver complex J2EE hosting solutions
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and be readily adaptable to change. Additionally this person is expected to be self-motivated, a strong leader, able to influence others and able to think creatively.
- Manage and work closely with application teams deploying new applications in the Weblogic / Websphere hosting environment(s). Able to gather application configuration needs and facilitate changes with administrators and product vendor (when need be) to resolve technical configuration or application issues etc.
- Will be required to provide on call support and flexible working hours.
- Working with customers (application teams and/or testing teams) on a daily basis and providing Middleware and Java support
- Serving as a J2EE architect and making recommendations on J2EE best practices in application development
- Designing Middleware infrastructure and Middleware topology design for high availability and failover capability
What you need to do now
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology and/or field experience with at least 7 years supporting Jboss, JBoss Datagrid, Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server, Apache, and similar Middleware products (app server) and web servers
- J2EE experience at the large scale enterprise system level
- Extensive scripting experience in Jython, Python, YAML and Perl
- Administration of Middleware using tool such as mDeliver, BladeLogic, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot Middleware products using various diagnostic tools
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
EA Reg Number: R21103035 EA License Number: 07C3924 | Company Registration No: 200609504D #1228143