Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) team is - amongst other things - responsible for developing and engineering the Firm’s core security controls. The technology and solution stack spans all Firm employees as well as external clients of the Institutional Security and Wealth Management Businesses. It consists of home-grown software, 3rd party software, open source products, appliances, and auxiliary services and solutions.
We are looking for highly skilled programmers with experience building applications in Java. Java Developers are responsible for analyzing user requirements and business objectives, determining application features and functionality, and recommending changes to existing Java-based applications, among other duties. Java Developers need to compile detailed technical documentation and user assistance material, requiring excellent oral/written communication.
The candidate will be part of the global team with global responsibilities of the below:
- Analyze communicated requirements and come up with tech design.
- Research, develop tech solutions based on communicated requirements and tech design
- Enhance existing ESP security solutions prioritised based on client feedback, issues on PROD, internal discussion etc.
- Create automated testing for the solutions developed.
- Create documentation/support procedures and assist operation/SRE team for operational work.
- Enforce software SLDC in the development circle.
What you'll need to succeed
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Technical Skills Required
- Familiar with core Java/J2EE technologies; able to write elegant & maintainable code leveraging on industry best-practices
- Experience of using open source frameworks like Spring Framework
- Familiar with test driven development methodology.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like (GIT, Jenkins, Team City)
- Experienced using relational databases, MySQL/Postgres/Oracle/DB2/Sybase, Stored Procedures and JDBC.
What you'll get in return
- Experience of using scripting language. e.g. Python, Perl, Shell, Regular expression
- Experience with Agile methodology, e.g. spring planning, daily Scrum, retrospective etc.
- Basic knowledge of using Linux.
- Basic networking knowledge,
- Basic knowledge of information security, such as IAM, DLP, Crypto etc.
- Awareness of Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Splunk, Public Cloud management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with a collaborative approach
• The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
• The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
• The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1216999