Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a Java Developer. This will be a 1-year contract to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of large-scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office and various functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD and devops
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort with the business
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process.
- Be a self-starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience or other technology area
- Working experience with Java 8 such as essential streaming, map and reduce functions, Multi-Threading.
- Performance tuning in JVM is a plus.
- Common understanding on Data structure and Algorithm
- Java Restful API design and development
- Oracle PL/SQL development background, SQL Tuning is a plus
- Scripting programming in Linux shell is a plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- SSL, TCP/IP, and UDP knowledge is a plus
- Financial Market domain knowledge, related with FX and IR derivatives is plus
- Experience/familiarity with control processes for FM platforms.
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large-scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an “agile” development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
- This role is open for Singaporean, Singapore PR and EP Holder with maximum notice of 1 month.
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1220567