Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for Data Engineering Analyst. This is a 1-year contract, to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Build state of the art centralized platforms.
- Helps elaborate requirements where necessary
- In depth knowledge of IDE, language and toolset in language of choice.
- Excellent understanding of language & framework and a good working knowledge of the abstraction layer underneath.
- Build microservices. Comfortable debugging/finding complex problems.
- Automates everything by default, can build a CD pipeline.
- Automates security scanning and performance testing as part of build.
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals.
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods.
- Good grasp of multiple operating systems.
- Good grasp of scripting techniques.
- Expertise in one database & good grasp of multiple data storage paradigms and when to apply other technologies.
- Understands and can automate PaaS technologies.
- Understands when to apply appropriate infrastructure technologies.
- Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP protocols.
- Can use tools (nmap/metasploit etc.) to perform deep security probes.
- Understands server hardening.
- Understating of security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption.
What you'll get in return
- 8+ years of experience in developing world class products/applications.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop – Hive, HDFS, HBase.
- Hands-on skills in Spark, Scala, Java.
- Experienced with Cloud Solutions – working on Azure or AWS.
- Experienced with Containers Management – using tools like Docker, Rocket and Drawbridge.
- Continuous Integration – using tools like Maven, Gradle and Jenkins and Continuous Deployment – using tools like Jenkins, Nolio or Go.
- Collaboration – using tools like Git-Hub and JIRA.
- Strong in Oracle or SQL Server PL/SQL development and designing data model.
- Hands on experience on NoSQL – Neo4j/Solr/Elastic Search/Cassandra, etc.
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, sonarqube or other related tool.
- This role is only open to Singapore PR or Singaporean.
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.