Your new company
My client, an independent media organization with almost 1100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices. They produce price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and offer bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Your new role
As a data analyst, you will work closely with the head of data based in London HQ to contribute the customer / business data to ensure robust and high-quality market intelligence used by the business. You will have the opportunity to develop, maintain, deliver and support a series of defined reports and analysis within the Data function to support the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Support and development of data processing systems using Excel and SQL
- Client support with queries relating to
- integration of data and metadata into client systems
- data validation
- provision of data
- Work as a part of a team to maintain, develop and enhance existing/new systems which includes metadata modification, data cleansing and data checking
- Assist with the development of various models and reporting tools, which are primarily based in Excel and heavily supported by VBA.
- Develop applications and tools that analyses the data for better insights and business intelligence. Ensure that solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
What you'll get in return
- 2 - 6 years experience in data developing tools using VBA in a commercial working environment.
- Good knowledge and experience of SQL is preferred.
- Excel as a real-time dynamic data environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with changing requirements
What you need to do now
- Work closely with business stakeholders
- Attractive salary package
- Work with London HQ directly
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Data & AI, please contact Eva Ma at +65 63030158 or email Eva.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career. Hays Registration Number: 200609504D, EA License: 07C3924, Registration ID Number: R1982974