Your new company
Your new firm is a leading player in the maritime sector with a centralised Analytics team. They are looking for a Data Analyst or an aspiring Data Scientist to join their team, in a role that is a hybrid of 70% Analytics scope and 30% working on Data Science algorithms and models.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Build and develop data analytics solutions that support the business user requirements and regional objectives of the group
- Work with users and business stakeholders to translate requirements into technical specifications for data analytics projects
- Build and optimize machine learning techniques and models utilising large datasets
- Navigate through raw and unstructured data to generate insights using statistical techniques
- Maintain relevant documentation reflecting changes for any projects, and ensure processes are aligned to internal data policies and best practices.
What you'll get in return
- At least 1 year of experience as a Data Analyst and some exposure to Data Science models
- Experience in programming skills such as Python
- Experience utilising and building visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Past experience working in Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure are an advantage as our internal data environment runs on Cloud.
- Data Science projects exposure, and knowledge of Statistics and machine learning techniques will be a strong advantage
- Strong communication skills for presentation and reporting to business stakeholders
- A keen learner who aims to keep updated on new open source data science technologies in the market
You will join an established data team in building large scale data science solutions. If you are a Data Analyst seeking a career track into a Data Scientist, this is a great step for you to be exposed to more data science and machine learning models.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Yvonne (EA reg no.: R1762899) at email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Registration Number: 200609504D, EA License: 07C3924 #1235158