Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a Business Analyst. This will be a 1 year contract role to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
- Understand user requirements and study the feasibility. Propose solutions that align to the strategic roadmap. Cleary document and agree on assumptions, shortfalls and timelines to resolve the known constraints and dependencies
What you'll need to succeed
- Pro-actively highlight risk and issues. Engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank’s standards.
- Work proactively with fellow BAs and other team members, ensuring work is proportionally distributed and targets are met
- Ensure documents such as functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
- Work as part of a combined cross-functional agile team and support the on-going build as required e.g. drafting/reviewing of test cases, closing out developers open issues/questions, contributing to solution design etc…
- Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
- Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to PMs and business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Work closely with project and programme managers to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
What you'll get in return
- Extensive product knowledge across asset classes encompassing product & trade life cycle (pricing and risk is good to have). (Regulatory like MIFID II, EMIR, SEC exposure is a plus)
- Experience working on vendor systems (eCommerce platforms, Murex, BTS, Apex, Sophis, S2BX, Wealth systems)
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Technical Knowledge:
- Good understanding of the FO to BO trade flow of financial products, including Middle Office, Operations and Finance activities
- Experience working in big data solutions and data querying tools. Experience in (ES) elastic search is a plus.
- Strong understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, NoSQL, functional programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Experience implementing trade STP having multiple source platforms. FpML knowledge, ISDA CDM standards is a plus.
- Preferred Domain Knowledge:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in full end to end financial markets project delivery life cycle
- This role is open to Singaporean, Singapore PR or EP holder (max 1 month notice period).
Opportunity to work in a reputable bank.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1214213