Your new company
You’ll be working for a banking company who is looking for a APAC Regime Manager, this will be a 1 year contract role, to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Define and implement key processes and controls for key regulatory/technology changes to meet the APAC reporting obligations
- Requirements include transactions reporting, valuation reporting and collateral reporting for HKMA, MAS & ASIC obligations.
- Operate as a single point of contact for APAC reporting obligations from an Operations perspective.
- Co-ordinate among Operations, Technology, Compliance, Regulatory Reform, Front Office in the effective and efficient delivery of ops/regulatory/business changes.
- Ensure that the controls being implemented are effective at mitigating cause of process failure, and any gaps are well articulated through the Operational Risk Framework.
- Ensure the control measurements (KCI and CSTs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework.
- Ensure that the key risk indicators (KRIs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework.
- Capture residual compliance and operational risk issues and define the appropriate remediation activities for consideration in the budget.
- Prepare communication packs, training and other materials as appropriate to ensure that Regulatory Operations staff globally are fully enabled to support the new reporting processes and controls.
- Work actively with the stakeholder group (locally and internationally) to ensure that the requirements of Regulatory Operations are well understood.
- Provide high quality status updates to senior FM Operations management as requested and at appropriate junctures.
- Establish an active industry presence as appropriate (e.g. ISDA and vendors/utilities such as DTCC) and participate / steer with a global Regulatory Operations view.
What you'll get in return
- Strong track record for delivering effective controls and efficient processes in an Financial Market (FM) Operations environment.
- Must come from Banking background.
- Experienced with OTC delivery transaction reporting and APAC jurisdictions.
- Working knowledge of full trade lifecycle.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail
- 2-3 years of relevant experience (associate level).
- Domain expertise across financial markets products, particularly in the context of post-trade OTCD regulations (experience in MAS, HKMA reporting preferable).
- Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle for derivatives, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities.
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization.
- Proficient presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrable strong teamwork with internal and external groups
- Open to candidates with Technology risk background, Risk Manager.
- This role is only open to Singaporean or Singapore PR.
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1207988