Your new company
Operating as one of the largest energy portfolios in the world, where you play a significant part in ensuring consistency and integrity of the trading books.
Your new role
- Maintain the financial books and records in accordance with financial reporting standards and statutory requirement, including assessing the impact of changes in accounting standards and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment of the Group’s business activities.
- Involve in daily analysis of trade flows or transactions
- Perform and monthly closing and consolidation process to ensure high quality, accurate and timely group and statutory reporting and in compliance to financial reporting standards and statutory requirement
- Perform reconciliation of accounting to trading systems to ensure the accuracy of accounting ledger
What you'll need to succeed
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CA or its equivalents)
- 4 - 8 years of relevant working experience with at least 2 years in a commodity trading company and/or in Big 4 accounting firm experience in audit of commodity trading firm desired
- Strong technical understanding of mark-to-market accounting in the commodity trading business is essential
- Positive, conscientious, hands-on, and self-driven.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
What you'll get in return
This role would offer you the opportunity to further develop, or acquire the keys skills and knowledge required to build a career in the energy commodities industry.
What you need to do now
If this sounds like you or something you'd be keen it, send in your updated resume to Dashini.Raj@hays.com.my or call me at +603-76118695 for a private chat. Referrals are welcome!
Registration ID No. R1769394 | EA License number: 07C3924 | Company Registration No. 200609504D #1240463